Magtech has been serving for more than 2000 journals, covering all disciplines and various scales.
Here lists some of them about how Magtech helps to promote journal impact and increasing service for auhtors and readers.
Backgroud & Challenges
Frontiers Journals, launched by Higher Education Press (HEP) in 2006, is an English academic journal series which consists of 28 journals covering extensive subject areas. It aims to build a world-class academic brand and to reflect remarkable research achievements around the world. Among the series, 13 titles have been indexed by SCI, 1 title indexed by A&HCI, 6 titles indexed by EI, while the others have been included in the international abstracting & indexing services within respective subject areas.
The last version of Frontiers Journals website in 2012, publishing articles with HEP DTD, which is an enterprise standard.
1. Some journals need to submit data to PubMed, PMC, Crossref and WOS etc.. The original HEP DTD can not meet this demand.
2. Some readers complain the way of article displaying.
3. The contents of journals becomes richer and richer, more and more new types of content are provided by authors, such as video summary, graphical summary, supporting materials and so on. These contents must be included in XML files for management, at the same time, these contents are often not provided synchronously with articles.
4. Journals hope to organize the contents in more dimensions, besides the traditional volume and issue, in order to promote the content engagement.
5. Papers can not be indexed by searching engine completely.
6. Some institutes need the usage report in COUNTER-5.
Solution & Results
1. Magtech designing team design the all new pages for whole website in RWD, re-organize the contents, based on the users' feedback and user behavior data.
2. Combine the abstract page with the full text HTML page, to reduce the click times, and enrich the paper at the same time.
3. Design an automatical tools to transfer HEP DTD XML to NLM DTD XML. The new website releases papers from NLM DTD.
4. Establish a good communication mechanism with Google Scholar, holding regularly video conferences to study the causes of problems, and finally ensure the all articles can be indexed by Google and Google Scholar completely.
As a result, after 3 months work, and regular meeting every weeks, the new site was released. With the new site:
1. Realize the integration between the production system and the online publishing system. After the production department completes the HEP DTD XML, the online publishing system obtains the files and releases them automatically, which reduces the workload of file copying and uploading, and improves the timeliness of publishing.
2. The new designed web pages obtain the approval from EIC, editors, authors and readers, promote the journal brand.
3. Collections including virtual issue and special issue, aggregated the content by their tops, increasing the access duration and content lifecycle.
4. Improved search engine optimization (SEO) attracts new visitors, and comprehensive search across all publications and content types on Scitation makes Frontiers journals content more discoverable.
5. Access tracking enables editors to analyze the sources of access coming from, strengthen the construction of distribution channels in a planned and purposeful way.
Building 3, Zone D, Zhongguancun Dongsheng Science Park, No. 66, Xixiaokou Road, Haidian District, Beijing
+86 10 62662699